A certification program for care wards, departments or facilities offered by Sweden’s Stiftelsen Silviahemmet. Through Swedish Care International, Silviahemmet Certification is available to organisations worldwide and a special Silviahemmet E+ Certification is now available to acquire online!
Certification or E+ Certification means that all personnel within the ward, department or facility are given dementia care training stemming from the Silviahemmet care methodology.
The highest quality of care
The objective is to ensure all team members are dedicated to delivering the highest possible quality of life for guests with a cognitive impairment diagnosis, no matter how far the progression of the disease.
The program provides a unified philosophy and system for the whole organisation to apply in their daily operations.
- Target group: Nursing homes, home care organisations, hospitals or other organisations
- Structure: knowledge audit, 3 parts of training, and yearly follow-ups
- Location/Format: Online – e-learning program and instructor lead live seminars (Silviahemmet E+ Certification) or In-house training (Silviahemmet Certification)
- Duration: Valid for 3 years, could be extended afterwards
- Language: English/Swedish (other languages could be requested)
The Silviahemmet methodology was developed by Stiftelsen Silviahemmet, a Swedish center of excellence in dementia care and dementia care training founded by HM Queen Silvia of Sweden in 1996. The methodology is person-centered and based on the palliative approach, to promote life and diminish suffering from early symptoms of dementia until the end of life.
"The quality of care and support for residents have improved many times. All those who are affected are more satisfied, including relatives. With a sensible concept and common philosophy within an institution, everyone can stick to it and know how the structures and teamwork. I am impressed by facts that are visible – we were able to reduce medication, curb the tendency to run away, better control incontinence, reduce the problem of staying asleep, increase communication and strengthen social contacts."
- Marie-Luise Bertels, Managing Partner, St. Anna-Stift Kroge, Germany
Photo: Yanan Lin