Based on Silviahemmet care methodology
It’s no secret that dementia caregiving can take an emotional, financial and physical toll. As a caregiver, you may feel exhausted or overwhelmed sometimes. Are you facing many uncontrollable situations, such as normal daily activities in dressing, bathing and eating? Are you also struggling with aggressive behaviors and dealing with the impact of the disease? Unfortunately, you cannot simply change the behavior of a person living with dementia. You need knowledge and effective tools that can help you.
The Swedish Dementia Care e-learning program provides you with theoretical knowledge and practical advice and tips on how to provide good person-centered dementia care while promoting a higher quality of life.
The course is based on the internationally recognized Swedish Silviahemmet dementia care methodology. It brings together the knowledge and practice of more than 20 years of Swedish experience.
The course will help you to answer these and other questions:
- How can I communicate with my loved one?
- Why is my loved one acting like a different person?
- How to enable my loved one to be more confident via enhancing independence?
- How do I make eating more joyful?
- How can I ensure my loved one walks about safely?
- How can I assist my loved one with toilet visits with dignity? What should I do in case of incontinence?
- How can I manage my own feelings and stress?
Throughout the process, learners will be exposed to a large number of real-life cases and gain a deeper understanding and empathy for the experience of the person living with dementia. Learners have the flexibility to take the course anywhere, anytime without being worried about being interrupted and can redo the modules multiple times.
- Format: self-paced e-learning
- Duration: approx. 30 hours (10 online modules including 30+ lessons), a one-month access
- Language: English
- Education Provider: Stiftelsen Silviahemmet, powered by Swedish Care International
- Special price: 150 Eur incl. VAT 45 Eur* (get 70% discount today!)
What do you get?
Solid knowledge in dementia disease symptom control and daily dementia care
Practical care tips based on the Swedish experience and person-centered methodology
One-year course access and self-paced learning
Completion certificate issued by Stiftelsen Silviahemmet, a foundation of Her Majesty Queen Silvia of Sweden
A Swedish centre of excellence in dementia care and education, founded by HM Queen Silvia of Sweden in 1996. Knowledge and methodology in this program is based on Silviahemmet dementia care philosophy.
“Now, I feel way more knowledgeable in addressing different challenges when taking care of my grandmother. I am also more comfortable in discussing and advising my other relatives that have not undergone any courses, suggesting to them a different point of view with an understanding that our beloved grandmother and her behavior is a result of a specific disease.”
Photo: Yanan Li