This 3-day program aids operational specialists in elderly care facilities to learn and apply Swedish methodology to improve care workflow and daily guest, team and operational challenges.
Today, up to 80% of residents of nursing homes have some form of dementia or cognitive impairment. The quality of care and quality of life of these guests have long been called into question. Some research identifies several components of optimal care for people with dementia in nursing homes, which are closely related to good operational practices, including:
- Proper staffing
- Regular and thorough assessments
- Care planning and provision
- Appropriate management of symptoms
- Personalized approach.
This intensive program introduces a great amount of practical knowledge and person-centered approaches from a daily operational perspective. The program consists of four modules spanning from the practice of person-centered care to diagnosis evaluation; to assessment and care planning and an exploration into Sweden’s experience with BPSD. Two study visits are planned for this program in order for participants to see first hand how key Swedish methods are used on a daily basis. By the conclusion of this program, you will develop a solid foundation in the Swedish experience in order to make your own care process more engaging, effective and safer for team members and guests alike.
- Format: intensive and interactive face-to-face training for a small group of managers/nurses/directors who are in charge of operation management (up to 15 people), with a option of professional study visits in care facilities in Stockholm
- Duration: 3 days
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- Language: English, Chinese, Japanese and Korean
- Education Provider: Swedish Care International
What do you get?
3-day intensive training in core operation management topics, including diagnosis evaluation, teamwork assessment, and care planning, responsive behaviors care recommendation, medical management, supportive and therapeutic environments, etc.
Practical checklists as well as a care plan template to assist in future daily operations.
Two professional study visits at best-in-class care facilities in Stockholm to experience elderly and dementia care in Sweden
A diploma of completion from Swedish Care International
Who can learn?
Managers/Nurses/Directors in charge of operation management of Nursing Homes, elderly or dementia care facilities.
Care personnel who seek for further career development and have rich experience in caregiving.
If you are unsure whether you would benefit from this Dementia Leadership program, please contact SCI for guidance.
- Training is delivered to small mixed groups of representatives of elderly care facilities. Courses will take place in October and November in Stockholm (see more information below). Minimum 5 students per group, maximum 15 students per group. Courses are available in Chinese, Japanese and Korean on selected dates and times.
- The professional study visit is to two of Stockholm’s premier elderly and dementia care communities. This gives you an opportunity to tour the facility while engaging with your Swedish peer with a similar leadership role.
- The program is developed by our Swedish experts in elderly and dementia care and is delivered by our experienced trainer with a solid background in running a nursing home as well as profound knowledge of different nursing homes’ operation management around the world